We treat the whole patient, body and mind.
What is Integrative Healthcare?
Ha.Lé Integrative Healthcare values the role of biological, psychological, and social factors for wellbeing to improve physical and mental functioning. When coupled with conventional medical therapies, it:
- Improves health outcomes
- Increases individual resilience
- Optimizes healthy behaviors
- Empowers patients
- Encourages healthier lifestyles
- Supports coping with illness
What We Provide
We provide Integrative Therapies to adult and pediatric patients in consultation with our board-certified physicians.
Generally, patients have access to many unconventional therapies for their health, and many of those therapies may not be effective or safe. Ha.Lé is committed to do no harm, offering safe, evidence-based treatment.
Our doctors provide Integrative Medical Consultations to patients that align with their other health care providers.
During visits, our doctors will review the patient’s medical history, current treatments, present conditions, medications, nutrition, activity level, and stress management. They will provide an integrative treatment plan that will incorporate integrative modalities. Treatment plans and patient updates are provided to the patients’ physicians where relevant.
What We Don’t Provide
Integrative Medical Consultations do not replace the care provided by patients’ primary care or specialty physicians. Our doctors will not prescribe medications to any patients during Integrative Consultations. We advocate for patients to continue and seek routine healthcare under the direction of their physicians. Our goal is for patients to be more engaged in their personal health which includes ongoing preventative and regular health assessments from their physicians.
“The most important thing I learned in medical school is that the wisest physician resides within each of us and responds to restful sleep, healthy food, and proper movement. The practitioners at Ha.Le’ understand this, and use their knowledge and experience to guide each person on a path to uncover optimal health. Their comprehensive and wholistic approach is affordable and accessible, and the best I’ve ever seen in the alternative healthcare sector.”
– Maureen F. Seitz, M.D.
Family Medicine & Geriatrics
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
How Does it Work?
Step 1: Integrative Medical Consultation
Step 2: Patient receives Integrative Treatment plan, including specific timelines and expectations for care.
Step 3: The patient is scheduled for treatments. Telehealth and in person appointments available.
Step 4: All treatment sessions are documented, and we will communicate with patients’ physicians about progress and care as needed.
What Conditions Does Integrative Healthcare Treat?
Integrative Healthcare can be helpful for various conditions or health goals including:
- Oncology outcomes, such as improved quality of life, pain management, decreased nausea, improved sleep, mental health support, specialized nutritional needs, and stress management.
- Chronic health conditions that reduce physical function, such as back pain, neck pain, inflammatory or autoimmune conditions, or joint pain.
- Chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, migraines, and headaches.
- Medical conditions with co-existing mental health problems, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and insomnia or chronic fatigue.
- Optimal health goals such as more complete nutrition, improved athletic performance, improved emotional wellbeing, cognitive function, and healthy aging.
The 5 Domains of Care at Ha.Lé
Nutrition: Coached guidance on quantity & quality of food for nourishment
Techniques: SMART goals, motivational interviewing, intuitive eating, mindful eating, HAES
Benefits of Nutrition include:
- Nourishment specific to chronic health conditions
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve gut health
- Support immune function
- Maladaptive eating behaviors
- Maintain a healthy weight
Acupuncture: Stimulates points on the body to regulate systems and address dysfunction.
Techniques: needling, cupping, tui na, and herbal supplement formulas.
Benefits of Acupuncture include:
- Increase relaxation and positive affect
- Reduce acute and chronic pain
- Improve sleep
- Regulate physiological systems including digestion, cardiovascular, and endocrine
Mindfulness: Awareness-based therapies
Techniques: Meditation, Feldenkrais, qigong, yoga, and body rolling.
Benefits of Mindfulness include:
- Pain reduction
- Increase body awareness
- Improve functional movement
- Health maintenance and injury prevention
Bodywork: Evidence-based massage treatment for health
Techniques: Comprehensive system, including barefoot modalities, neuromuscular, myofascial release, structural integration, cupping therapy, sports massage, craniosacral, and lymphatic massage.
Benefits of Bodywork include:
- Decrease muscular tension
- Improve physical mobility, motor control, and postural balance
- Support tissue healing including edema, bruising, and scar tissue
- Reduce stress
- Increase positive affect
- Enhance sensory awareness and mindfulness
Counseling: Mental and emotional support and empowerment
Techniques: cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based practices, and somatic practices
- Anxiety & Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Adjustment phase of life issues
- LGBTQ issues